Tuesday, March 8, 2011

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

I always promised myself that if I ever decided that my thoughts were important or good enough to blog, I would start with a reference to The Office. Creed decides he wants to blog but Ryan doesn't think that's the best idea. The quote is, "Even for the Internet, it's pretty shocking." If anyone was smart, they would have done the same and opened up a word document for me to type my stupid thoughts into regularly and not share them with the world. I would be happy and no one would have to waste their life attempting to read them. Too bad google makes this stuff so easy for me to figure out on my own. So here I am blogging...

Usually blogging is about the bloggers thoughts or personal beliefs. The reason anyone would read this would not be to hear about my inner dialogues or my thoughts or stupid ideas, but for the experiences I have and the adventures I go on and the things I see in Greece. Unlucky for you, I am vain and think I'm hilarious so in order to hear about all the cool stuff my parents are paying for me to do and learn (shoutout), you'll have to deal with my hysterical antics and tangents about life. This was a terrible idea.

I am still in Riverside while starting this, but I am preparing to leave. Well not right now. At the moment I am continuing my seemingly endless marathon of Jason Segel television shows alternating Freaks and Geeks and How I Met Your Mother. (This is an example of the useless information you'll be given through my blogs. Blog? Is it plural? Whatever.) I also have no faith in myself and don't know how great of an updater I'll be, but who knows, maybe I'll be on top of it. But since there's a chance that I don't give any good details, I figured I'd start while still at home. I'm just packing and getting organized and (most importantly) reassuring my mom that she'll be okay and that (less importantly) I'll be okay. I leave Friday morning and will be arriving in Athens on Saturday. Since I can barely tell time, I don't understand the time differences or time zones in general.

Looking at this trip, I mean, learning experience beforehand, I have a few thoughts pop into my head immediately. Some are important and somewhat mature of me to think about. Like what kind of school supplies I'll need? Do I have enough sunscreen? Are the classes too challenging especially in such an odd learning environment? I have never been out of the country so I hope I can handle all the airport stuff as well as transitioning to such a different lifestyle.

But mostly I think of ridiculous things that no one would care about but me. Will the person I share a room with mind that I like sleeping with a light on preferably a leg lamp? I wonder if they have delivery options for food. Where are all the donkeys that I get to ride located?  I have never owned this many pairs of underwear at once in my life. How great is the url to this blog? You know, the important stuff.

My mom has started some lecturing. Nothing too major, I'm impressed with her collected outward appearance. One of the first things she told me was "Molly, don't go for runs by yourself." This is logical for her since I am known to run late at night alone with blasting music. I wouldn't do it in Greece, I don't think. Then I realized how pathetic it is that most parents are concerned that their daughters will meet a Greek guy and run away with him either ending in pregnancy or death. Or they will go out and party way too hard and will get sick or lost. Nope, I'm not even cool enough to worry my mom. The worst thing she could imagine me doing it exercising by myself. I need to reevaluate my youth.

Well, this is it until I'm overseas. I can hardly wait! Wooh! I have really enjoyed writing this. I think this is dangerous though because it has been made very clear on many occasions that I find myself more entertaining than anyone else considers me. That matched with my shameless attitude make for one great blogging experience for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment